This easy corn soup is great to have in winter and rainy season.
Corn has been my favorite since childhood. Corn is also called as Bhutte, Makai, Maize etc in India. This soup was always made by my sister. I love this soup since my childhood. Even my pet loves it. The soup is amazing and I just love to make this soup. Moreover its a simple dish even bachelors can make them without being hassled. Accompany soup with some cheesy garlic bread and you will love it all the more.
I have used American sweet corn but you can use any kind of corn. Corn soup is delicious at the same time nutritious and healthy. You could use low fat butter and skimmed milk for low calories.
I don’t have much words to express. You make this Easy Corn Soup and you will know how it is! You can have this Easy Corn Soup as a breakfast, brunch or dinner Or even as a starter. You could find more corn recipes on this link Corn Pakora Recipe.
Corn is a versatile ingredient you could make lot of dishes with it. Like corn soup, corn fritters, corn dosas, corn parathas, corn samosas, corn bhel, corn chat, corn curry, corn pulao etc…. Once I had made corn spinach curry which was quite spicy and tasty. Lovely curry to eat during winter’s.
Intending to come up with more corn recipes as they are favorite of kids. I also love sweet corn in any form Or dish.
Tips for Easy Corn Soup:
- You could add more vegetables like mushrooms or carrots in this soup.
- Cream can be used in this soup for thickening but it will also add calories.
- Herbs can also be used for garnishing like Parsley, Coriander leaves.
Easy Corn Soup recipe details listed below:
- 2 cups Boiled Corn
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter Or Olive Oil
- 12 Garlic cloves chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed Black Pepper (Kalimiri Powder)
- Use steamed or boiled corn. If you are using whole Maize boil and then scrape the corn with the help of knife.
- Take corn flour mix in water. Combine it well and keep aside.
- Once cup of Corn you make a thick paste in the grinder. Keep the other cup of boiled corn aside.
- Take a pan add butter or oil. Add chopped garlic. Saute it for a minute on low flame.
- Now add the the boiled corn. Saute for a minute. Add the corn paste.
- Pour milk gently and combine everything with a spoon. Now add cornflour-water paste. Keep stirring the soup.
- Lastly add black pepper powder and salt as per taste. The corn-soup will thicken after adding milk and corn flour.
- Once the soup is thick. Remove from gas your easy corn soup is ready.
- Serve hot with Garlic bread.