Easy eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe made with condensed milk. These are one of my favorite cookies. They are crumbly, soft, smooth and melt in your mouth. Who on earth wouldn’t be fond of chocolate chip??? Let me know if there is anyone 😉
This recipe is my own version as I am innovative and keep experimenting with baking all the time. I wonder what took me long to post this recipe as I am so regularly baking them. We had planned to got to Mumbai last weekend at my sis-in-law’s place had made 2 batches of them. Also had made pistachio cookies would soon post that recipe too.
The moment the kids saw them they vanished in a jiffy. Even the others loved them which gave me satisfaction and innate happiness. Cooking good food and seeing people enjoying them gives altogether a different level of happiness!
For this recipe you have to bake them for little extra time. Also the dough has to be refrigerated as it’s too soft to handle otherwise. So once it’s chilled it’s easier to roll or slice then bake them. I took about 20-22 mins at 170º C since all oven has different capacity once the cookie is slightly browned towards the edges. That mean’s they are baked allow to cool if it’s still soft then bake for some time more.
I remember the first time I had made cookies they had become so hard. But after regular baking have mastered the art of baking. So don’t worry if your cake or cookie doesn’t turn out the way they should. As we would become an expert only after making several mistakes and taking the corrective action’s to rectify the same.
Let’s make eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe stepwise:
If you are fond of eggless cookies then do check eggless shrewsbury cookie, eggless double chocolate cookies, nankhatai, goan nankhatai, eggless coconut cookies, eggless tutti frutti cookies, eggless jam cookies and eggless vanilla cookies.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe card below:
- 2 cup of flour or 16 oz / all purpose flour (refined flour or maida)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of chocolate chip or as required
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or essence
- Firstly sift flour, salt, baking soda, milk powder and corn flour. Place them aside.
- Combine condensed milk and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat until they appear soft and smooth.
- Now add the sifted flour and fold with the help of a rubber spatula.
- Also add vanilla essence and mix well. I don't have a pic for this step.
- Don't over-mix the dough just bring them together. Place on a baking paper wrap nicely and keep in the fridge for 40 mins or place in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
- Unwrap the dough just rub some butter on your palm. Shape them into lemon sized balls. Place them on a greased tray or dish leaving an inch space apart from each other. Gently flatten them and gently pierce some chocolate chips all over the top. Alternatively you could add them in the dough towards the end just before placing them in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180ºC. Place the greased pan with cookies reduce the temperature to 170ºC and bake for 20-22 mins or until they are baked.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack. Once they are at room temperature store them into an air-tight container or box. Serve your eggless chocolate chip cookies with milk or tea.
2.It's important you allow the to chill in the fridge before shaping them.
3.I have just gently press the chocolate chips all over the cookie. But you could add them in the dough towards the ends before placing them in the fridge.
4.If you do not have vanilla extract or essence then just add some nutmeg powder instead.