Mango Iced Tea Recipe a simple yet flavorful, refreshing drink to be sipped during summer. Mangoes are is season so thought of making iced tea with them. I have used Alphonso mangoes but you could use any sweet flesh mango pulp. We loved the combination and is regular at my place now 😉
We love iced tea so adding fruit just gives an added flavor and nutritive value to the drink. I am looking forward to share more iced tea recipes with everyone soon. Earlier I have posted lemon iced tea recipe so the base lies the same only the fruit juice is added towards the end for the flavor and also different color.
You could make various kind of fruit iced tea at your place or at kids; birthday party. The colorful drink would surely catch their eye and also your drink would get over soon. I believe in sharing ideas and recipe both.
If fresh mangoes not in season then used canned mango pulp preferably Alphonso mango or any fleshy mango. Have you ever noticed the word Man-goes …. happy to keep you thinking 🙂
Mangoes are good for your body so do eat them. It gives the required iron, vitamins to your body. It’s believed in ayurveda before eating mangoes if it’s immersed in water for 2-3 hrs prior eating. This process helps in reducing the heat content in mangoes. So use this tip and eat mangoes without guilt.
For the pictorial and stepwise details click here for Lemon Iced Tea Recipe.
Mango Iced tea Recipe and printable version below:
- 1 liter of water + 350 ml water
- 950 gms of sugar ( I used organic sugar)
- 7-8 lime juice or 3-4 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp black tea or 2 tea sachets
- few mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- few lemon / lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- ½ cup fresh mango pulp / canned mango pulp
- some chopped or cubed mangoes (optional)
- water as required
- some ice cubes
- Firstly mix sugar with 1 litre water and place on low heat.
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice with your finger or squeezer. Keep stirring until sugar dissolves. Switch off the gas once everything is mixed well don't overcook the mixture.
- Now strain the mixture on a colander.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Meanwhile place 350 ml of water on heat. Once it reaches the stage of boiling and bubbling add the black or green tea.
- Strain this mixture and mix with the lime-sugar syrup. I don't have a pic for this one.
- Allow to cool first then store them in bottles.
- Place in the fridge to chill. Now mix 1 cup of iced tea, 1 cup of mango pulp and 1 cup water. You could use a beater or just grind them for 30 secs.
- Add loads of ice cubes in your glass. Top with mango cubes and mint leaves.
- Serve your mango iced tea chilled that's how it would taste the best.
2. Serve your iced tea chilled or with loads of ice cubes as it tastes the best when chilled.
3. Store your iced tea in bottles and place in the fridge.
4. You could use any fruit flavor or syrup for flavoring your iced tea.