Masala Chai Recipe or Masala Chai – an ancient Indian blend of spices mixed as a concoction in tea for the best flavor and aroma in your daily tea. I have used home-made masala tea powder for this recipe. I usually start my day with a hot cup of masala chai or lemongrass tea. Can’t live without sipping tea need them twice a day.
There are a lot of antioxidant’s in tea which is great for your body provided you limit only drinking twice a day. You could use any good brand of tea masala like everest, organic brand however I prefer home-made one.
I would share a small secret today for a flavorful and strong tea. Also, you could refer to the notes below. If you love mint then always add them once your tea is boiled then cover with a lid for 60 secs. You would get all the mint flavor absorbed in your tea. Also, I add the special masala chai powder towards the end. The magic of some herbs and spices are they have a better taste and impact when added towards the end 🙂 hope this help’s you in making a much better chai or tea.
If you are looking for more tea or coffee recipes then do check herbal tea, lemongrass and ginger tea, tea masala powder, lemon iced tea, watermelon iced tea, lychee iced tea, mango iced tea, cold coffee, cold coffee without icecream and vietnamese cold coffee.
Learn how to make Masala Chai recipe in the recipe cart below:
- 1.5 cup water
- 3 tsp sugar or as required
- 1 and ¼th tsp tea powder (i used society brand)
- 1 tsp tea or chai masala (used home-made)
- ¼th cup + 2 tsp milk or as required
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3-4 mint leaves (optional)
- Firstly add sugar and grated ginger in water.
- Boil on medium heat until water bubbles.
- Add tea powder and allow to boil for 5-6 min's on medium heat.
- If you like your tea strong then brew for some more time.
- Add milk as required.
- After 2 mins add the tea masala and switch off the gas.
- Lastly, add mint leaves and cover the tea with a lid for a minute.
- Sieve the tea on a mesh strainer and pour them into cups.
- Serve your tea hot with your favorite snack or biscuit
2. Use brown sugar instead of plain sugar for making it more healthier.
3. Adding mint leaves and ginger is optional.
4. Always add mint leaves towards the end for the best flavor and taste of your tea.
5. Lastly don’t forget to add some love while making this tea.