Finally I am posting Eggless Red Wine Chocolate Cake. This Eggless Wine Chocolate Cake recipe was lying in my draft from a long time. My readers were missing my regular recipe post so thought of sharing Red Wine Chocolate Cake with all of you. Red Wine Chocolate Cake is easy to make and even the frosting is vegan.
I love red wine that’s the only thing I drink. I cannot withstand beer, rum, whiskey Or any of these drinks. May I am not just made to drink liqueur. However I love rum in chocolate rum balls and brandy Or wine in cakes Or desserts. Once I had made drunked mushrooms with wine and it was out of the world. I will post them some time later as I haven’t clicked the pics. Always believing in trying the recipe first and then update.
Monsoon is away and I am not liking the heat. Awaiting for winter so I can gulp some hot snacks and soups. This is me always thinking about eating 😉 … also this Eggless Red Wine Chocolate Cake is Gooey, Soft, Moist, low fat. It’s egg free and dairy free yet yummy.
Eggless Wine Chocolate Cake Recipe below:
- 3 tbsp flax seed + 6 tbsp lukewarm water
- 135 gms dark brown sugar ( I prefer less sugar you could add more)
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil Or olive oil ( I used vegetable oil)
- 175 ml red wine of any good brand ( I used Sula WIne) or apple sauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence Or extract Or powder
- 140 gms flour ( I used half wheat flour and half refined flour)
- 40 gms cocoa powder
- a pinch of cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 to 5 tbsp hersheys chocolate syrup Or sauce
- some chocolate candies
- some pistachio flakes
- Preheat oven at 180°C for ten to fifteen mins before baking. Grease the pan with oil and place a parchment paper at the bottom.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla powder if using, corn flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the flax seed for 3 to 4 mins on low fire. Allow to cool grind them into a processor until fine powder is formed. Add lukewarm water to it and allow to rest for 5 to 7 mins.
- Beat oil with sugar until they blend well. Add flax paste and beat on medium speed until they all blend well.
- Now add some parts of wine and some parts of sifted dry ingredients alternatively. Mix all nicely. The mixture might be little runny that's okay.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 40-45 mins Or once the skewer comes out clean from the center.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 to 20 mins. Unmould the cake gently. Place in the fridge. Once the cake is nicely chilled. Spread the chocolate sauce all over the cake. Sprinkle some chocolate candies at the sides of the cake. Spread some pistachios flakes at the center of the cake.
- Serve the eggless chocolate cake warm or chilled.
2. Also you could add nuts and make some variation.
3. If the cake isn't baked keep for some more time in oven. But don't over bake the cake.