Eggless Mango Muffins Recipe is a easy-peasy, healthy muffins recipe made from mangoes, whole wheat flour and condensed milk. Especially when your family demands cupcakes or muffins what could be better than a mango muffin!
We all know the goodness of mangoes, adding mangoes to any dessert takes them altogether to a different level. Mango is my favorite fruit so already made mango coconut cupcakes, eggless mango cake and mango lassi.
I have used fresh mango puree you could use tinned mango puree. Also any sweet mango would be fine I have used alphonso mangoes for this recipe. Adding condensed milk to cakes gives a spongy texture to cakes and hence love to add them to eggless cakes. To further give a nutty taste have added some pistachios which is optional.
Mango muffins could be served for breakfast as a snack or as a dessert. If you want to make them for your cocktail parties just add a scoop of vanilla or mango icecream besides the cake and this would rock in your party. I have adapted this recipe from my eggless banana walnut cake recipe.
Atta cakes are anytime healthy than refined flour cake. I have used organic whole wheat flour for this recipe. If you wish you could skip atta and add all purpose flour instead. Even gluten free cakes taste good and is healthier option.
Eggless Mango Muffins Recipe step by step:
- Peel and chop the mangoes. I have used alphonso mangoes you could use any sweet mangoes which is fleshy and not fibrous.
2. If the mangoes are sweet then there is no need to add sugar. but if mangoes are sour then add 2-3 tbsp sugar and blend until smooth. If you are using canned mango puree then you skip this step. The mango puree should be exactly half a cup if any excess just eat and slurp 😉 Also some mango puree would be thin or thick depending on the type and texture of mangoes you are using so keep an eye on that too.
Preparing muffin batter:
3. Preheat the oven at 180ºC excatly 15 mins before baking. Sift the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, ginger powder, nutmeg powder and cooking soda.
4. Add the butter to a mixing bowl.
5. Pour condensed milk and cream with the butter.
6. Beat manually with a wired whisk or use an electric beater until they all incorporate nicely and look one mixture.
7. Add the mango puree.
8. Beat again with a spatula or beater. The batter should look uniform and smooth. The batter shouldn’t be too thick nor thin, if the mango puree is thin then add the flour accordingly. If the batter is too thick then add little milk.
9. Fold the sifted flour gradually. Sprinkle the pistachio flakes this is optional.
10. Don’t over-mix the batter. I don’t have a pic for this step.
11. Pour the batter in the greased muffin pans or cake liners. Sprinkle some more pistachio flakes on the top of the muffins this is optional.
12. Preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180ºC before baking. In an OTG or an oven preheat as well as bake with the lower coil on. Bake at 170ºC for 18-120 mins or until the skewer comes out almost clean. If the skewer comes out moist then bake for some more time.
13. Allow them to cool them on a wired rack,then gently invert the moulds. The muffins should look like these.
14. Serve eggless mango muffins warm or chilled with a hot cup of tea or with a dollop of mango icecream.
If you are looking for more mango recipes then do check mango mastani, mango iced tea, mango milkshake, mango sponge cake, mango squash, mango shrikhand, mango coconut cheesecake, aam panna and mango icecream.
Eggless Mango Muffin recipe card below:
- 150 gm of whole wheat flour (atta) or all purpose flour
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cooking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4th tsp nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder (soonth)
- 1/2 cup tightly packed mango puree freshly made or canned
- 75 gm butter unsalted or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cream
- 150 ml condensed milk
- 1 tbsp pistachio flakes
- peel and chop the mangoes. I have used alphonso mangoes. If the mangoes are sweet then there is no need to add sugar. but if mangoes are sour then add 2-3 tbsp sugar and blend until smooth.
- If you are using canned mango puree then you can skip the above step.
- preheat the oven at 180ºC excatly 15 mins before baking. Sift the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg powder, ginger powder and cooking soda.
- Add butter to a mixing bowl.
- pour condensed milk and cream with the butter.
- beat manually or use an electric beater.
- add the mango puree.
- beat again with a spatula or beater.
- the batter should look uniform and smooth.
- fold the sifted flour gradually. sprinkle the pistachio flakes.
- don’t over-mix the batter. I dont have a pic for this step.
- pour the batter in the greased muffin pans or cake liners. sprinkle some more pistachio flakes on the top of the muffins this is optional.
- preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180ºC before baking. In an OTG or an oven preheat as well as bake with the lower heating element on. bake at 170ºC for 18-120 mins or until the skewer comes out almost clean.
- serve your mango muffins warm or chilled with a hot cup of tea or with a dollop of mango icecream 🙂