Eggless Coconut Cookies Recipe – Easy, delicious, crunchy from outside and soft from within. No butter used for these coconut cookies. Great for vegetarians and people with egg allergies. For some reason, coconut cookies have been my favorite since childhood the ones you get them in any Indian bakery.
Make a lot of coconut cookies hence, this time posted this recipe. Have already shared Baath cake recipe made from coconut and semolina a famous Goan delicacy.
I had planned to meet up my office friend whom I met after a few years. So decided to make these goodies for my friend. He loved them and gobbled them all also complimented saying you are in the right profession. That’s a huge compliment and appreciation for me as a food blogger.
To be a good cook or baker one has to keep checking or tasting the food. Then only you would come to know what is missing or is excess in your food. Next step is filling the missing taste or altering the excess spice or salt. If you master this no one could stop you from being a good cook.
I have used desiccated coconut for these cookies. Also added some pistachio flakes for nutty flavor. To add some fragrance used cardamom powder which goes well with this recipe. I haven’t added any butter instead used organic coconut oil which gives a great flavor to these cookies. If you like butter go ahead and add them. One more secret ingredient is rice flour which aids in crispy texture for these cookies.
Let’s make eggless coconut recipe step by step:
1. Ssift flour, baking powder, salt and rice flour.
2. Beat coconut oil with powdered sugar until soft and smooth.
3. Fold the sifted flour into the mixture.
4. Once flour is folded fold the desiccated coconut and pistachio.
5. Add cardamom powder. If the mixture looks too dry then add 1tbsp water. Freeze the dough for 10 mins.
6. Now make small balls and flatten them gently.
7. Place them in a greased baking dish leaving some space amongst them. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins before baking. Bake at 170°C for 16-17 mins or until edges looks baked or slightly brown in color.
8. Allow them to cool down then store them in an air-tight container.
9. Serve your eggless coconut cookies warm or chilled with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
If you are looking for more coconut dessert then do check coconut ladoo, coconut cookies, coconut barfi, tender coconut smoothie, blueberry cake with coconut, coconut honey cake, mango coconut cupcakes, marble coconut cake, hot coconut milk cake, coconut mango cheesecake and baath cake.
Eggless Coconut Cookies Recipe and the printable version below:
- 40 gm flour +2 tbsp rice flour
- 75 gm powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 40 gm + 2tbsp desiccated coconut powder
- ¼th tsp baking power
- a pinch of salt
- 40 gm coconut oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pistachios or pistachio flakes
- 1 tsp freshly grounded cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp water or as required
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and rice flour
- Beat coconut oil with powdered sugar until soft and smooth.
- Fold the sifted flour into the mixture.
- Once flour is folded fold the desiccated coconut and pistachio.
- Add cardamom powder. If the mixture looks too dry then add 1tbsp water. Freeze the dough for 10 mins.
- Now make small balls and flatten them gently.
- Place them in a greased baking dish leaving some space amongst them. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins before baking. Bake at 170°C for 16-17 mins or until edges looks baked or slightly brown in color.
- Allow them to cool down then store them in an air-tight container.
- Serve your cookies warm or chilled with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Hi Maria, was so tempted to try these out as they looked gorgeous but when I started out I realised I couln’t make out the measurements in grams as I don’t have a kitchen scale. So disappointed.
Please can you post the measurements in cups to help prople like me. I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Sorry Anuja for the delay in reply. I would try to help you here about 1/2 cup coconut powder, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar. Hope this help’s you do let us know how it was? Also a bigh thankyou for your positive comments.
Wow maria, they looks so yummy… gonna try tonight.. thanks for the recipe.
Surely try and thankyou Valisa let us know how it was? also you are welcome.