Mushroom Pulao Recipe is a one pot meal could be made in a pan or pressure cooker. This pulao is easy to make and could be clubbed with papad, salad or onion raita. I am fond of mushrooms hence come up with many such recipes and it’s great for health too 🙂
It could be also termed as green mushroom pulao as I have used green herb paste. Later I have added coconut milk which gives a great flavor to the pulao. For seasoning have used Indian whole garam masalas and green chili paste.
I had some purple cabbage so made use of that too however it’s optional. You could add veggies like potatoes for added flavor and taste. The pulao is slightly spicy so add chilies moderately or add more of coconut milk to balance the taste.
We eat a lot of rice hence make a variety of pulaos and biryanis. Sometimes when we get bored of rice then I jump onto making parathas, dosas etc. In short we love food of any kind it has to be delicious, hygienic and made with love 🙂
Mushrooms are very versatile just like paneer. You could make a variety of dishes from them like tandoori mushroom, mushroom pakora, mushroom biryani, mushroom soup, mushroom duxelle, stuffed mushroom in parathas the list is endless. Do include them in your diet as it’s power packed with protiens, amino acid, minerals and vitamin’s.
I have made mushroom pulao in pan you could make them in pressure cooker until 3 whistles. You could also bake if you wish to.
Let’s make step by step Mushroom Pulao Recipe :
1. Firstly soak the rice in water for 30 mins.
2. Grind the ingredients for the green paste until smooth. Add little water if required. Place it aside.
3. Take a a pan or cooker add oil plus butter.
4. Once oil is hot add the cumin seed and whole ground spices.
5. Saute until they leave aroma.
6. Add the chopped onion. Saute until they change color.
7. Now pour the grounded green paste.
8. Mix well add garam masala powder and salt for seasoning.
9. Add the thick coconut milk.
10.Time to add mushrooms.
11. Also add the greens of spring onion and purple cabbage if using.
12. Finally add the soaked basmati rice.
13. Stir gently add the water. Cover the pan and cook or pressure cook until 3 whistles.
14. Remove the lid once pulao is done. Switch off the gas.
15. Serve the mushroom pulao hot with salad or raita.
If you are a rice lover then do check recipes on blog like curd rice, jeera rice, veg fried rice, tomato rice recipe, spinach rice, stir fried rice, chicken fried rice, curd rice, indian rice with vegetables, garam masala rice, paneer biryani, chicken biryani, chicken zafrani pulao and prawns biryani.
- 1 cup coriander leaves (hara dhania)
- ½ cup mint leaves (pudina)
- 2-3 green chilies (hari mirch)
- ½ onion (pyaz)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (lehsun)
- ½ tsp salt to retain the green color (namak)
- 1 packet of button mushroom rinsed and chopped into big size (kumbh)
- 2 cups of basmati rice or any rice (chawal)
- 4 cups of water (pani)
- 1 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp butter (tel / makhan)
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 4-5 crushed cardamom (elaichi)
- 2 black cardamom (moti elaichi)
- 2-3 mace blades (javitri)
- 4-5 messua ferrea (nagkesar)
- 1 bay leaf (tej pata)
- 3-4 cloves (lavang)
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 100 ml thick coconut milk (nariyal dudh)
- ½ cup chopped greens of spring onion (optional)
- ¼th cup chopped purple cabbage (optional)
- some fried cashew for garnish (optional)
- salt as per taste
- Firstly soak the rice in water for 30 mins.
- Grind the ingredients for the green paste until smooth. Add little water if required. Place it aside.
- Take a a pan or cooker add oil plus butter.
- Once oil is hot add the cumin seed and whole ground spices. Saute until they leave aroma.
- Add the chopped onion. Saute until they change color.
- Now pour the grounded green paste.
- Mix well add garam masala powder and salt for seasoning.
- Add the thick coconut milk.
- Time to add mushrooms.
- Also add the greens of spring onion and purple cabbage if using.
- Finally add the soaked basmati rice.
- Stir gently add the water. Cover the pan and cook or pressure cook until 3 whistles.
- Remove the lid once pulao is done. Switch off the gas. Serve the mushroom pulao hot with salad or raita.
2. Adding cabbage and spring onion are optional.
3. If you don't have coconut milk then add yogurt instead however there would be change in the taste.
4. Add chilies are per your spice preference.
VERY NICE I LEARN FAST AND QUICK
Thankyou Sadana 🙂 pleased to know this.